Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Twitter, Facebook or Orkut - finally a relief for people suffering from PDA syndrome.

Long back, I was an ardent fan of social networking websites, be it Facebook or Orkut or Twitter.It was fun finding your long lost friends, connecting with them again after so many years, sharing photos of your wedding, convocation or recent trip.

But nowadays, most of time I feel pity for myself when I stumble upon some the status updates or scraps in some of our remarkable, very much hyped social networking sites. The reason, majority of our younger generation especially those in the late 20's and 30's are affected with a serious, contagious, non-curable PDA syndrome.I don't believe PDA's are romantic gestures to show that you care for your partner, but a great remedy to cure your partner's insecurity feelings and a lame way to prove that you are different from others in all aspects.Now are you thinking what the heck is PDA?

Ok..no worries..let me guide you through my diagnosis of PDA Syndrome:

Symptoms:
  • Extreme forms of exhibitionism.
Root Cause:
  • Inferiority Complex
Remedy:
  • I hate to say friends...but no such remedy has been found.. (*sigh*)
I'm sharing some of the status/updates I've seen on Facebook,Myspace and Orkut with you guys.

Status 1:
Husband: 24 X 7, I think of you..waiting to come back to you, sweety pie.Darling, you are the perfect match for me.Thanks to be in my life, I knew this is what the result has to be!
(I think I'm gonna throw up.. *puke*)

Status 2:
Hus: I want to spend more time with my wife and son.
(Who wants to know man ?? Can't you spend more time on your phone or any messenger than updating your status here !! Damn)

Status 3:
Hus:  Son..Pa miss you a lot...Advance Wishes for your 1st B'day.
(Great !! your 1 year old checks his Facebook status?? Amazing...why dont you try to enter the Guinness World Records then?)

Status 4:
Actor Abhishek Bachchan on his father's performance for the hindi movie Rann:
We don't deserve a talent like Mr Amitabh Bachchan! Don't think we can make movies to fit his talent!

(Oh really !! No wonder the movie was tanked at the box office.Our kind request - Please focus more on your career than praise your father and wife on the social networks ??)

My verdict:

There are certain types of affection that should never be shared in public. Its really annoying to read your love for your wife or children in social networking sites. Why show-off when you have other modes of medium to share with them personally like phone, emails or messenger?You are not proving anything here, but making a fool of yourself.(*sad*) Its your inferiority complex to prove yourself to be most outstanding "out-of-the-world" husband/father/person making you post all the absurd status messages?

Next time, how about thinking twice before posting a PDA status ? Huh?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this..

2 comments:

  1. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete